Partnering to protect the Bay-Delta Estuary
Learn more about our Work
It is not enough to work toward an Estuary that is ecologically healthy and resilient. Without a commitment to eliminating racial inequity and environmental injustice, we are bound to perpetuate it. We have a lot of work to do.
Please read the San Francisco Estuary Partnership’s statement here.
State of the Estuary Summit
Friday October 1st, 2021
SFEP’s State of the Estuary Conference took place as a one day virtual Summit this year, showcasing the latest information about the region’s work to sustain and improve the estuary’s habitats, living resources, water quality, climate resilience, and environmental stewardship.
Find other events of interest on the Fall 2021 Conference Map.
Measure AA 2021 Grant Round
2021 Request for Proposals
The San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority’s latest grant round is open!
Full proposals for the Grant Round are due October 7, 2021.
Visit the Restoration Authority’s Grants Page for more information.
Estuary Blueprint Update
The Estuary Blueprint–also known as the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan for the San Francisco Estuary–is currently undergoing an update.
For more information and to get involved, visit the Estuary Blueprint page.
Estuary News Magazine
About the Estuary Partnership
The San Francisco Estuary Partnership is a collaborative regional program of resource agencies, non-profits, citizens, and scientists working to protect, restore, and enhance water quality and fish and wildlife habitat in and around the San Francisco Bay Delta Estuary. Working cooperatively, we share information and resources that result in studies, projects, and programs that improve the Estuary and communicate its value and needs to the public. The Association of Bay Area Governments is the home agency for Partnership staff and finances. Our offices are located at the Bay Area Metro Center in San Francisco. Please see our Implementation Committee meeting dates and materials here.
The Estuary Blueprint maps out the regional actions needed for a healthy, resilient San Francisco Estuary.
Originally created in 1993 under the title “Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan,” the document has undergone several updates. The most recent update was completed in 2016. The Estuary Partnership is now updating the Blueprint for 2022-2026 priority actions.
Click below to learn more and provide your opinion on the biggest challenges facing the Estuary and what should be done to tackle them in the 2022 update!
News Around the Estuary
- NOTICE: Curtailment of Diversions in Mill Creek and Deer Creek: Effective Today, October 15, 2021
- ANNOUNCEMENT: 2022 CWEMF Annual Meeting: Call for Sessions, Oral Presentations, Posters & Pop-Up Talks
- WEEKLY WATER NEWS DIGEST for Oct. 10-15: Groundwater rights and water markets; Tidal restoration in the Delta, plus all the top water news of the week
- DAILY DIGEST, 10/15: Democrats concerned over state’s lawsuit against biops; Unlined waste disposal pits endanger groundwater in San Joaquin Valley; Wildfire experts escalate fight over saving California forests; and more …
- WORKSHOP NOTICE: Identification of disadvantaged communities
- NOTICE: CalEPA – OEHHA CalEnviroScreen 4.0 Update Release
- ANNOUNCEMENT: After The Fire.org Is Go To Resource For Post Western Fire Recovery
- DELTA eNEWS: ~~ Boring Technology~ Levee Risk~ Delta Leadership~ DPIIC meeting~ ISB meeting~~