Partnering to protect the Bay-Delta Estuary
Learn more about our Work
It is not enough to work toward an Estuary that is ecologically healthy and resilient. Without a commitment to eliminating racial inequity and environmental injustice, we are bound to perpetuate it. We have a lot of work to do.
Please read the San Francisco Estuary Partnership’s statement here.
Estuary Blueprint Fall 2023 Newsletter
From Frontline to Front and Center: Prioritizing Equity in Climate Resilience
As billions of dollars in federal funding begins flowing to the Bay Area for climate resilience, how will those projects be implemented equitably? Come learn how SFEP and other partners are exploring strategies for promoting community resilience that go beyond simply bouncing back after disasters and instead enable communities to bounce forward as healthy, sustainable, and resilient in the face of climate change.
Register for this online event at SPUR.
Funding Opportunity: the Restoration Authority’s latest grant round closes October 10
The Authority can fund proposals that are: Habitat projects that aim to restore, protect, or enhance natural habitats on the shoreline in the San Francisco Bay Area; Flood management projects that are part of habitat projects; or Public access projects that will provide or improve access or recreational amenities that are part of habitat projects.
Full proposals are due October 10. Visit the Restoration Authority’s Grants page to apply or learn more.
2022 Estuary Blueprint
The San Francisco Estuary Partnership is proud to present the 2022 Estuary Blueprint! Learn how this newly updated plan advances our region’s ecological health and climate resilience.
About the Estuary Partnership
The San Francisco Estuary Partnership is a collaborative regional program of resource agencies, non-profits, citizens, and scientists working to protect, restore, and enhance water quality and fish and wildlife habitat in and around the San Francisco Bay Delta Estuary. Working cooperatively, we share information and resources that result in studies, projects, and programs that improve the Estuary and communicate its value and needs to the public. The Association of Bay Area Governments is the home agency for Partnership staff and finances. Our offices are located at the Bay Area Metro Center in San Francisco. Please see our Implementation Committee meeting dates and materials here.
Estuary News Magazine
ESTUARY News was an independent regional magazine published in the public interest by the San Francisco Estuary Partnership and its myriad partners around the Bay and Delta between 1992 and 2023. Written by professional, independent journalists, it provided in-depth, silo-crossing coverage of the environmental, restoration, and climate adaptation issues of our time.
News Around the Estuary
- DAILY DIGEST, 10/4: CA prepares for El Niño winter after a year of extreme heat and floods; Record-setting winter leaves Central Valley Project well-positioned at start of 2024 water year; CA will soon require many cities to significantly cut water use; Farmers join study on curbing water use; and more …
- AG ALERT: Farmers join study on curbing water use
- Kevin McCarthy Ousted As House Speaker
- Can Hydrogen Cars Help California With Green Goals?
- New $3 million grant to support harmful algae monitoring in the San Francisco Estuary
- Harmful Pollution in the Bay—Interview with Sejal Choksi-Chugh
- How Dirt Biking Shaped the Bay Area—and the West
- Unburying the Creek Beneath It, A School Becomes a Steward
- [Action required] Your RSS.app Trial has Expired.