Partnering to protect the Bay-Delta Estuary
Learn more about our Work
It is not enough to work toward an Estuary that is ecologically healthy and resilient. Without a commitment to eliminating racial inequity and environmental injustice, we are bound to perpetuate it. We have a lot of work to do.
Please read the San Francisco Estuary Partnership’s statement here.
SFBRA Community Grants Program
2022 Estuary Blueprint Approved
Over 200 stakeholders contributed to the update of the Estuary Blueprint, also known as the Comprehensive Conservation Management Plan. The Estuary Blueprint maps out the regional actions needed for a healthy, resilient San Francisco Estuary.
Visit the Estuary Blueprint page for more information.
2022 San Francisco Bay Water Quality Improvement Fund
EPA is currently accepting applications via two separate Requests for Applications (RFAs) with a due date for both of September 20, 2022. The two RFAs offer funds for the implementation of projects and climate resilience in underserved communities, and funding to protect and restore San Francisco Bay watersheds and wetlands, respectively.
Estuary News Magazine
2022 Estuary Blueprint
The San Francisco Estuary Partnership is proud to present the 2022 Estuary Blueprint! Learn how this newly updated plan advances our region’s ecological health and climate resilience.
About the Estuary Partnership
The San Francisco Estuary Partnership is a collaborative regional program of resource agencies, non-profits, citizens, and scientists working to protect, restore, and enhance water quality and fish and wildlife habitat in and around the San Francisco Bay Delta Estuary. Working cooperatively, we share information and resources that result in studies, projects, and programs that improve the Estuary and communicate its value and needs to the public. The Association of Bay Area Governments is the home agency for Partnership staff and finances. Our offices are located at the Bay Area Metro Center in San Francisco. Please see our Implementation Committee meeting dates and materials here.
News Around the Estuary
- DAILY DIGEST, weekend edition: Risk of catastrophic California ‘megaflood’ has doubled due to global warming, researchers say; Could virtual networks solve drinking water woes for California’s isolated, disadvantaged communities?; Spaghetti sauce is under threat as water crisis slams tomatoes; All bad options’ as Biden administration faces Western water crisis; and more …
- WEEKLY WATER NEWS DIGEST for Aug 7-12: Delta Conveyance Project history and resources; Newsom’s water supply strategy; More join voluntary agreement effort; and all the top water news of the week
- DAILY DIGEST, 8/12: Newsom unveils long-term strategy to bolster water supply, Agencies and stakeholders react; New signatories to voluntary agreements; Clock ticks down on Colorado River cuts. What will feds do?; and more …
- THIS JUST IN … State, Federal Agencies Announce New Signatories to Agreement to Improve the Health of Rivers and Landscapes (aka Voluntary Agreements)
- THIS JUST IN … With California expected to lose 10% of its water within 20 years, Newsom calls for urgent action
- DAILY DIGEST, 8/11: Seven stats that explain the West’s epic drought; Farmers can save water with wireless technologies, but there are challenges – like transmitting data through mud; How wildfires affect snow in the American West; In a coastal California town, three iconic smokestacks are coming down. A community mourns; and more …
- NOW AT THE CALIFORNIA WATER LIBRARY: A Century of Delta Conveyance Plans
- DELTA CONVEYANCE PROJECT: New page at Maven’s Notebook provides explainers and resources for evaluating the draft environmental documents