Partnering to protect the Bay-Delta Estuary
Learn more about our Work
It is not enough to work toward an Estuary that is ecologically healthy and resilient. Without a commitment to eliminating racial inequity and environmental injustice, we are bound to perpetuate it. We have a lot of work to do.
Please read the San Francisco Estuary Partnership’s statement here.
WRMP Open House
The SF Estuary Wetlands Regional Monitoring Program (WRMP) is hosting an Open House from 10am-12pm on December 8, 2021.
Register here for the morning session to learn about the new regional program to track restoration progress in the San Francisco Estuary.
See event flyer for more details. This will be a virtual event, hosted by the San Francisco Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve.
SFBRA Community Grants Program
Estuary Blueprint Update
The Estuary Blueprint–also known as the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan for the San Francisco Estuary–is currently undergoing an update.
For more information and to get involved, visit the Estuary Blueprint page.
Estuary News Magazine
About the Estuary Partnership
The San Francisco Estuary Partnership is a collaborative regional program of resource agencies, non-profits, citizens, and scientists working to protect, restore, and enhance water quality and fish and wildlife habitat in and around the San Francisco Bay Delta Estuary. Working cooperatively, we share information and resources that result in studies, projects, and programs that improve the Estuary and communicate its value and needs to the public. The Association of Bay Area Governments is the home agency for Partnership staff and finances. Our offices are located at the Bay Area Metro Center in San Francisco. Please see our Implementation Committee meeting dates and materials here.
The Estuary Blueprint maps out the regional actions needed for a healthy, resilient San Francisco Estuary.
Originally created in 1993 under the title “Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan,” the document has undergone several updates. The most recent update was completed in 2016. The Estuary Partnership is now updating the Blueprint for 2022-2026 priority actions.
Click below to learn more and provide your opinion on the biggest challenges facing the Estuary and what should be done to tackle them in the 2022 update!
News Around the Estuary
- WEEKLY WATER NEWS DIGEST for Nov 21-26: How tribal partnerships can help attain conservation goals; SGMA land repurposing program; Worsening conditions on the Colorado; plus all the top water news of the week
- DAILY DIGEST, 11/26: Latest drought monitor shows slight improvement; Is the future of farming moving indoors?; Historically left out of Colorado River negotiations, 20 Tribes urge Interior Secretary Haaland to include their voices; and more …
- DELTA eNEWS: ~~ Delta Trail~ Delta NHA~ Yolo Bypass~~
- FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: CDFA Accepting Applications For Water Efficiency Technical Assistance Program
- NOTICE: State Water Board Holds CEQA Scoping Meeting on Hexavalent Chromium in Drinking Water
- VELES WEEKLY REPORT: Aquifers are not forever.
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- DAILY DIGEST, 11/24: How California’s plan to conserve groundwater ran into a drought; CA utilities leaving millions in debt relief on the table; San Francisco declares water shortage emergency, asks city users to conserve 5%; Trump-era water rule’s replacement seen as more legally airtight; and more …