Partnering to protect the Bay-Delta Estuary
Learn more about our Work
Draft Actions for 2022 Estuary Blueprint Now Available for Public Input
The Estuary Blueprint maps out the regional actions needed for a healthy, resilient San Francisco Estuary.
Originally created in 1993 under the title “Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan,” the document has undergone several updates. The most recent update was completed in 2016. The Estuary Partnership is now updating the Blueprint for 2022-2026 priority actions.
It is not enough to work toward an Estuary that is ecologically healthy and resilient. Without a commitment to eliminating racial inequity and environmental injustice, we are bound to perpetuate it. We have a lot of work to do.
Please read the San Francisco Estuary Partnership’s statement here.
WRMP Open House
The SF Estuary Wetlands Regional Monitoring Program (WRMP) is hosting an Open House from 10am-12pm on December 8, 2021.
Register here for the morning session to learn about the new regional program to track restoration progress in the San Francisco Estuary.
See event flyer for more details. This will be a virtual event, hosted by the San Francisco Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve.
Estuary News Magazine
About the Estuary Partnership
The San Francisco Estuary Partnership is a collaborative regional program of resource agencies, non-profits, citizens, and scientists working to protect, restore, and enhance water quality and fish and wildlife habitat in and around the San Francisco Bay Delta Estuary. Working cooperatively, we share information and resources that result in studies, projects, and programs that improve the Estuary and communicate its value and needs to the public. The Association of Bay Area Governments is the home agency for Partnership staff and finances. Our offices are located at the Bay Area Metro Center in San Francisco. Please see our Implementation Committee meeting dates and materials here.
News Around the Estuary
- DAILY DIGEST, weekend edition: Climate change resilience begins with water, say these UC ag researchers; Environmental groups divided on Newsom’s big, headline-grabbing budget; Tsunami warnings issued for West Coast; The most beautiful places in California you never knew existed; and more …
- NOTICE: Public Comment Period Opens for Groundwater Sustainability Plans
- FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: Interior Department Announces Infrastructure Investments for Desalination, Water Reclamation and Reuse Projects
- FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: Application period for the Water Efficiency Technical Assistance Program extended to February 3, 2022
- FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: Reclamation application period gets underway for aging infrastructure with funding from Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: Public Workshops for Proposition 1 Round 2 IRWM Implementation
- WEEKLY WATER NEWS DIGEST for Jan 9-14: Drought in the Delta; Mountain Atmospheric Observatory to track Colorado River water; plus all the top California water news this week
- DAILY DIGEST, 1/14: Atmospheric river storm observations to expand this winter; Spaceship-sized detection system could help determine future of CA water supply; California Water Institute releases water management report; The US ‘megadrought’ sets another stunning record; and more …