Partnering to protect the Bay-Delta Estuary
Learn more about our Work
It is not enough to work toward an Estuary that is ecologically healthy and resilient. Without a commitment to eliminating racial inequity and environmental injustice, we are bound to perpetuate it. We have a lot of work to do.
Please read the San Francisco Estuary Partnership’s statement here.
Announcing the Regional Needs Assessment
The Disadvantaged Communities and Tribal Involvement Program, funded by Prop. 1 through the Department of Water Resources for the Integrated Regional Water Management Program, is proud to announce the release of the Disadvantaged Community-led and Tribal-led Regional Needs Assessment.
Visit the Regional Needs Assessment page for the full report.
Call for Letters of Intent: Coastal Watersheds Grant
Letters of intent for Restore America’s Estuaries’ National Estuary Program Coastal Watersheds Grant are due February 10, 2023. LOIs must include a Letter of Acknowledgement from the closest National Estuary Program. To request a Letter of Acknolwedgement from the San Francisco Estuary Partnership for your project, please see these instructions.
Wetlands Regional Monitoring Program Geospatial Data Catalog now live!
The Geospatial Data Catalog, released in December 2022, is a repository for all datasets, past and future, that are relevant to Bay Area wetlands that were created before the advent of the WRMP. This Catalog will enable long-term data comparison, even in the early years of the WRMP.
To receive updates on the WRMP, sign up for quarterly newsletters.
Estuary News Magazine
2022 Estuary Blueprint
The San Francisco Estuary Partnership is proud to present the 2022 Estuary Blueprint! Learn how this newly updated plan advances our region’s ecological health and climate resilience.
About the Estuary Partnership
The San Francisco Estuary Partnership is a collaborative regional program of resource agencies, non-profits, citizens, and scientists working to protect, restore, and enhance water quality and fish and wildlife habitat in and around the San Francisco Bay Delta Estuary. Working cooperatively, we share information and resources that result in studies, projects, and programs that improve the Estuary and communicate its value and needs to the public. The Association of Bay Area Governments is the home agency for Partnership staff and finances. Our offices are located at the Bay Area Metro Center in San Francisco. Please see our Implementation Committee meeting dates and materials here.
News Around the Estuary
- Send a Baykeeper eCard to Your Valentine!
- DAILY DIGEST, 2/7: Rain brings little relief to depleted groundwater; Response to Marshall Fire prevented drinking water crisis; Tribe, salmon win in fight over Upper Klamath Lake water; Fresno County officials ignored water warnings, taxpayers paying the price; and more …
- SCIENCE FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: State Water Contractors Issue Request for Proposals, $3 Million in Funding Available for Science Projects
- Farmworkers, Immigrants Could Be Provided Protections Under New Federal Policy
- After ‘Heartbreaking’ Vandalism, Sausal Creek Plant Nursery Volunteers Pick Up the Pieces
- Undocumented Residents In Planada Struggle To Get Help They Need After Storms
- Stormy Weather
- Meet the Protists, Marvelous Misfits in the Tree of Life
- [Action required] Your RSS.app Trial has Expired.